If you were injured because of a doctor’s negligence, you may want to talk to a medical malpractice lawyer Charlottesville VA trusts. The injuries you suffered may prevent you from doing certain activities and the damage could be irreparable. A medical malpractice lawyer may help you get justice and compensation for your pain and suffering.
How Medical Malpractice Can Happen
Medical malpractice can occur in hospitals, doctors’ offices, and other medical settings and may lead to serious injuries in patients. Here are a few ways medical malpractice can occur:
- Improper Treatment: Sometimes doctors give a patient the wrong treatment, which can result in illness or injuries. Improper treatments can occur for a number of reasons, such as communication errors between doctors and nurses and incorrect diagnoses.
- Failure to Diagnose: Unfortunately, not all diseases and conditions get diagnosed in time or at all. If a doctor doesn’t diagnose a disease or condition as a competent doctor would, a medical malpractice lawyer Charlottesville VA respects may be able to sue for damages.
- Failure to Warn Against Risks: Before a procedure or treatment, a doctor must talk to a patient about all the possible risks. If a doctor does not do this and the patient gets injured in during a treatment or procedure, that patient may have a viable medical malpractice claim.
Types of Damages in a Medical Malpractice Case
In a medical malpractice case, damages refer to the economic losses that an injured patient suffered. Here are a few types of damages that victims of medical malpractice might claim:
- Current and Future Medical Bills: Patients may suffer serious injuries during medical malpractice and likely require medical care to treat these injuries. In some cases, injuries are so severe that they require a lifetime of medical care. A medical malpractice lawyer in Charlottesville VA may hire a medical expert to present and analyze these injuries in a claim.
- Loss of Income: Medical malpractice injuries may cause some patients to miss a lot of time from work, decreasing their earnings. An experienced medical malpractice lawyer Charlottesville VA relies on may argue that the patient deserves to be compensated for the wages he or she lost.
- Pain and Suffering: Patients may also sue for pain and suffering in medical malpractice cases. A Charlottesville VA medical malpractice lawyer may argue that the injured victim deserves compensation for the intangible suffering caused by a serious accident. This type of compensation may also serve as a punitive measure against the negligent party.
Hiring a Medical Malpractice Lawyer
If you work with a medical malpractice lawyer Charlottesville VA counts on, you may improve your chances of winning your case. An experienced lawyer may know the type of evidence you need to prove your case and may have the negotiating skills to get you a fair settlement. He or she may also likely work on a contingency fee, so you won’t owe any money unless you win your case.
If you are searching for a medical malpractice lawyer Charlottesville VA offers, contact MartinWren, P.C. at (434) 817-3100.