personal injury lawyers Harrisonburg VA
Personal Injury: The Basics
Personal injury law, also called tort law, allows an individual to file an injury claim in civil court with the intention of getting legal remedy for all losses associated with the accident. As our personal injury lawyers in Harrisonburg VA
from MartinWren, P.C. might tell you, personal injury law was established to help injured parties receive financial compensation from those who harmed them due to their negligence, intentional acts, or carelessness. If you were seriously injured by someone, call us today to schedule a free consultation with our personal injury lawyer in Harrisonburg VA from MartinWren, P.C.
Personal Injury Situations
There are several situations in which personal injury laws may apply. Some of which include:
- Accidents: if someone has acted in a way that was negligent or careless, that individual could be held accountable for your injuries with the help of your personal injury lawyer in Harrisonburg VA. This is one of the most common types of personal injury cases. Examples may include:
- Car accidents.
- Slip and fall accidents.
- Medical malpractice.
- Dog bites.
- Injuries in the workplace.
If this is the type of personal injury you sustained, consider contacting MartinWren, P.C. for a free consultation with our personal injury lawyers in Harrisonburg VA. Depending on the nature and severity of your injury, you may be eligible for a significant amount of compensation.
- Intentional Acts: in some situations, someone intentionally caused harm to another person. This is an example of an assault and battery case. In addition to criminal charges, the perpetrator may be subject to a civil lawsuit that you can file with the help of a personal injury lawyer in Harrisonburg VA from MartinWren, P.C.
- Defective Products: some cases focus on a malfunctioning product that injured them. Defective product liability claims include:
- Defectively manufactured products.
- Defectively designed products.
- Failure to provide adequate warnings or instructions.
- Defamation: This is when one party makes an untrue and damaging statement about another party which results in harm to the victim’s person’s reputation. The two types of defamation include:
- Libel: writing false accusations against another person with the intent to cause harm.
- Slander: saying false accusations against someone with the intent to cause harm.
No matter what type of personal injury case you are dealing with, our personal injury lawyers in Harrisonburg VA from MartinWren, P.C. can provide you with the legal services you need.
Steps of Personal Injury Cases
Though each personal injury case differs, there are aspects that they may share:
- A person is injured. This could include any of the examples listed above.
- The defendant breached their legal duty of care. This will be determined on the type of injury you received and the situation. For example, business owners have an obligation to make their store safe for customers. If you were injured because of their carelessness you could potentially receive compensation for your injuries.
Get Help from a Personal Injury Lawyers Harrisonburg VA Turns to for Guidance
If you have been injured, consider contacting us at MartinWren, P.C.
for legal guidance. We are here for those who have been unjustly injured and deserve justice. Call us today to schedule your free consultation with our personal injury lawyers in Harrisonburg VA.