Truck Collision Lawyer Virginia People who suffer serious injuries after they are hit by a truck should act quickly to speak with a truck collision lawyer trusted by residents across Virginia. You have the option to file a claim if you have been injured because of a negligent truck driver. With a lawyer by your side who is committed to fiercely fighting for your rights, you may be able to receive compensation for damages you suffered. If you are interested in learning your options about filing a claim, schedule a consultation with an experienced and reputable lawyer like one from MartinWren, P.C. so you can obtain legal help.
Truck Collision Lawyer in Virginia At the law firm of MartinWren, P.C., a reliable and highly-skilled team of attorneys are there to help you with your claim. With years of experience in multiple practice areas, they can assist you with many types of claims, such as vehicle accidents, traffic law and more. You can depend on them to provide you with helpful legal advice and conduct a thorough evaluation of your case. You want to be able to secure quality legal representation so that you conclude a case successfully. Contact MartinWren, P.C. to request a consultation and learn more about how their legal services could benefit you.
Common Truck Accident-Related Injuries Because of their size and weight, truck accidents are often some of the most catastrophic vehicle accidents. A large vehicle such as a truck can cause a lot of damage to smaller vehicles on the road, injuring occupants inside. Though some injuries are mild, others are moderate to severe. Such injuries can result in steep medical bills, months of physical therapy, or even permanent disabilities. Here are several common truck accident-related injuries that a lawyer often deals with:
- Head injuries
- Leg injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Broken bones
- Torn muscles
What to Do After a Truck Accident Following a truck accident, there are important things you should do to protect your rights and gather information. Being aware of these steps beforehand will make the claims process much more efficient, as a Virginia truck accident lawyer can tell you:
- Call police and first responders
- Get medical attention
- Exchange your contact and insurance information
- Collect evidence by taking photos of the accident scene
- Talk to any witnesses present
How to Practice Safe Driving Around Trucks To prevent truck accidents, It is difficult for trucks to move around cars, motorcycles and other small vehicles, so drivers must be extra cautious if they are near trucks. Since trucks make wide turns and have larger blind spots, truck drivers need adequate space between other vehicles. Drivers need to give truck drivers enough warning if they are braking or switching lanes. If possible, avoid driving too close to a truck to reduce the chances of a collision occurring.
Legal Assistance is Available Filing a personal injury claim can involve a lot of complicated steps, but an attorney can help you get through the process. Schedule your free consultation with a top VA truck collision lawyer today.
When you are looking for the right truck collision lawyer in Virginia
, look no further than MartinWren, P.C. for advice and help. The sooner you call a Virginia truck collision lawyer, the better. Do I need to hire a truck accident lawyer?
If you or your family member was hurt in an accident caused by a truck driver, you may benefit from consulting a truck collision lawyer in Virginia, such as one from MartinWren, P.C.. We have helped many injury victims in the Virginia area in getting the compensation they deserve and need in order to recover. Medical treatment for serious injuries is expensive, and when it’s not possible to return to work for a long period of time, the loss of income can be financially catastrophic. Though the accident may have been caused by a truck driver, their company may refuse to pay full compensation. This is not unusual and can leave the victim feeling hopeless and anxious about their future. Our Virginia truck collision lawyers have assisted many people who were in this situation, and negotiated substantial settlements on their behalf. If your initial claim was rejected, or if you were offered an unfair settlement amount, give us a call. Do not accept any offer until after you have spoken with MartinWren, P.C. After a free case review, we will let you know if you are eligible to receive more compensation than you were offered. How can a lawyer help me prove that the truck company is liable?
Establishing liability of the other driver is critical for getting a settlement from their insurance company. In preparing an injury claim for a client, our semi accident lawyer Virginia
has to offer will include proof of liability with supportive evidence. Evidence may include testimonials from witnesses, video footage of the crash, interviews with those involved in the accident, physical evidence from the collision, and much more. What are some of the most common causes of truck accidents? The reasons for collisions involving trucks are wide and varied, and our Virginia truck collision lawyers are familiar with many of the scenarios that are common in accidents that occur in the state. Here are just a few of the causes that lead to truck accidents every year across Virginia.
- The vehicular weight and extended stopping distance of a truck make it challenging for a trucker to avoid colliding with another vehicle if they do not react in time. Even the average SUV weighs far less than a tractor trailer. If a trucker is fatigued or under the influence, their reaction times will be slower than normal. Just a few seconds can make all the difference when a trucker needs to react correctly in order to avoid hitting another vehicle. If a trucker makes a turn in an intersection, they must judge the speed and distance of oncoming cars to avoid hitting them. If their judgement is off, they may cause a catastrophic collision.
- If a trucker misjudges their speed and turn rate prior to entering into a curved section of roadway, they may collide with an oncoming vehicle or hit the vehicle that is travelling on the inside lane.
- If a trucker misjudges their speed and weight as they travel downhill, they may gain too much speed and hit the vehicle in front of them or lose control of the truck altogether and only stop when they have hit a number of vehicles or go off the road. Though many trucks have air brakes which are designed to contribute to their braking ability, they are subject to failing or being insufficient (even if they are also using primary brakes) on long downhill stretches of a steep grade.
Truck accidents often cause serious injuries that require expensive medical care and long recovery times. Recover your damages with the help of an experienced truck collision lawyer in Virginia from MartinWren, P.C.
, call us today to learn more.