When consulting with a Virginia truck accident lawyer from Martin Wren, P.C., there are a few common questions that clients inquire about. The aftermath of a recent truck accident can be scary and leave people with significant financial loss. It is only normal to wonder what your options are in pursuing compensation from the party at-fault. Here are examples of questions we often answer during a consultation:
What is my truck accident case worth?
The circumstances of every truck accident are unique, and there is no set amount quoted for each victim. There are certain factors that are taken into account when calculating a potential monetary award in your case. During an appointment, a truck accident lawyer in VA may inquire about the following:
- Treatment for injuries that were not covered by your insurance
- Costs for medical care that came out of your own pocket
- The degree of your pain and suffering because of the accident
- How much it cost to fix or replace property
- Loss of wage or inability to generate income due to injuries
- Loss of consortium for surviving family members
How do I pick a lawyer best suited for my case?
If you are searching online for a local lawyer, there are probably pages and pages of law firms that may be able to help you with your case. However, not every lawyer has knowledge specifically in the realm of personal injury law. Your legal team should consist of professionals who:
- Understand the laws and regulations for truck accidents
- Has a record of successful trial experience
- Is someone who you feel comfortable around and confident in their skills
What if the truck company’s insurance adjuster wants to speak with me?
As your lawyer may forewarn, you may be contacted by the trucking company’s insurance adjuster in the days to follow after the accident. Unfortunately, this representative is not someone who will have your best of interest in mind. An insurance adjuster will ask questions about the accident and may use your words in such a manner that it minimizes your claim. It is more ideal to speak with a lawyer and have them guide you through this conversation, or handle it for you entirely.
Call Martin Wren, P.C. Today
We understand that right now, you may be wondering what your options are in recovering from this serious injury event. To receive immediate guidance from a VA truck accident lawyer regarding a recent truck accident, call Martin Wren, P.C. now.