Taking a leave-no-stone-unturned approach to his civil litigation practice, Robert E. Byrne, Jr. is an AV-rated Charlottesville Business Litigation Attorney and Charlottesville Personal Injury attorney who focuses on personal injury litigation, medical malpractice, employment law and litigation, and business and commercial litigation. Bob primarily represents individuals and businesses that have been injured, whether in the personal injury, medical malpractice, employment, or business context. Bob also represents parties in employment law and intellectual property law, including assisting with noncompete, trade secrets, and business tort claims. With trial experience in both state and federal courts, Bob is passionate about representing his clients through all levels of a case, from thoroughly researching and briefing complex issues of law to arguing motions and presenting cases at trial.
Bob has been recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine and has also been named by the National Trial Lawyers as one of the “Top 100” Trial Lawyers in Virginia. In 2010, Bob was named the Virginia State Bar’s Young Lawyer of the Year out of approximately 9,000 eligible attorneys. Bob has earned an AV-rating of Preeminent by the prestigious Martindale-Hubbell attorney rating system, and Bob has repeatedly been named one of Virginia’s “Top Rated Lawyers” by The American Lawyer magazine.
In addition to serving as the Managing Attorney and President of MartinWren, P.C., Bob has also volunteered in a number of capacities with the Virginia State Bar and the Charlottesville Albemarle Bar Association. Locally, Bob has served on committees for a water sanitation fundraising project to benefit communities in Africa and has performed pro-bono work as a volunteer attorney with the Legal Aid Justice Center in Charlottesville. Bob also served on the Board of Directors of Computers 4 Kids and the Blue Ridge Chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
Bob’s wife, Lauren, is a licensed attorney and formerly served as a prosecutor for the City of Norfolk and as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable D. Arthur Kelsey. Bob and Lauren live in Keswick with their five children, including twins. Bob and Lauren are active members of Trinity Presbyterian Church in Charlottesville where Bob also serves as an Elder, and they’ve been honored to assist with several ministries through the church, including Jobs for Life, Grief Share, and Mothers of Preschoolers.
Charlottesville Personal Injury Attorney
As a Charlottesville Personal Injury Lawyer, Bob has represented injured clients in a wide variety of litigation matters including traumatic brain injury litigation, serious car accidents, child sexual abuse, medical malpractice, workplace injury litigation and industrial accidents, workplace torts, false imprisonment, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and tractor trailer accidents. Bob has experience representing numerous victims of traumatic brain injury, including several TBI victims who were injured in collisions with tractor trailers.
Charlottesville Business Litigation Attorney
As a Charlottesville business litigation attorney, Bob represents individuals, businesses, and government contractors in matters involving breach of contract, employment litigation, negotiation of severance agreements for executives and other employees, wrongful discharge, employment discrimination, covenants not to compete, trade secrets litigation, real estate disputes, eminent domain, misappropriation of trade secrets claims, intellectual property infringement claims, such as copyright infringement and trademark and trade dress infringement claims, and business torts, including intentional interference claims, statutory and civil conspiracy, fraud, unfair competition, breach of fiduciary duty, consumer protection act claims, and conversion matters.
Personal Injury Litigation
- Represented several TBI victims in automobile and tractor trailer accidents who have suffered a variety of symptoms, including severe headaches, loss of balance, tinnitus, lost of smell, vision damage, bipolar disorder, and a number of other cognitive and behavior issues.
- Represented injured driver in federal court against corporation represented by large Virginia law firm
- Represented plaintiffs suffering disc herniations, spondylolisthesis, spondylolylis, and other lumbar, thoracic, and cervical spine injuries sustained in automobile accidents
- Represented child in civil suit against neighbor who committed multiple acts of child sexual abuse
- Represented client injured in ATV (4 wheeler) accident
- Represented plaintiff in medical malpractice action involving retained surgical sponge
- Represented plaintiffs who sustained traumatic brain injuries, including post concussive syndrome and subdural hematomas, and who have faced a variety of physical and psychological injuries
- Represented minor plaintiff with facial scars sustained in car accident
- Represented plaintiff injured by defective trailer that fell and caused bone fracture
- Represented plaintiff who was injured by an impaired driver who was driving under the influence of alcohol
- Represented clients suffering serious injuries ranging from closed head brain injuries, burn injuries, nerve injuries, scarring, broken bones, ligament damage, and other serious injuries
Business & Commercial Litigation
- With John Simpson, received a unanimous jury verdict on behalf of a government contracting client that was sued for purported violations of an asset purchase agreement
- Worked closely with John Simpson and local counsel in Manhattan to defend investment firm in $1,000,000 breach of contract claim pending in the Supreme Court of New York, New York County
- Represented plaintiff in federal court action seeking more than $1,000,000 in business dispute
- Defended parties in statutory conspiracy, common law conspiracy, conversion, and trade secret claims
- Represented plaintiff to establish prescriptive easement across eight intervening parcels
- Represented charity challenging constitutionality and validity of tax assessments
- With MartinWren, P.C. attorney Kirk Becchi, sued in District of Columbia court for the return of a priceless painting on behalf of a Washington, D.C. non-profit organization
- Defended Seller against enforcement of real estate contract by arguing that a contract for the purchase of a 200-acre parcel of property was procured by fraud
- Represented plaintiff in false advertising claim for Virginia Consumer Protection Act claim and False Advertising Act claim
- Defended owner of property valued at $20,000,000 from ownership challenge
- Represented purchaser in real estate transaction for purchase of $1,600,000 home based on violation of Virginia Property Owner’s Association Act
- Represented officers in shareholder disputes, including claims seeking injunctions, corporate dissolution, and other equitable relief.
- Represented defendants in civil conspiracy and breach of noncompete litigation arising out of alleged breach of $37,000,000 government contract
- Represented parties in dispute against former employer involving wage claims and equity ownership interests
- Represented executive parties in severance negotiations and in drafting severance agreements
To learn more about Bob’s services as a Charlottesville personal injury attorney or a Charlottesville business litigation attorney, please call Bob at 434-817-3100 or contact him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.