Road hazards can be deadly for motorcyclists, so if you’ve been injured in this way, a motorcycle accident lawyer Charlottesville VA bikers turn to for justice could help you collect compensatory damages. The law firm of MartinWren, P.C. offers a team of personal injury attorneys who help fight on behalf of our clients to win the highest possible settlements and collect maximum benefits.
If you are a motorcycle rider who was injured in an accident at no fault of your own, do not hesitate to contact us at MartinWren, P.C. Our legal team can meet with you in person to review your case and develop a legal strategy best suited for your accident claim.
The following information about common road hazards that motorcyclists often encounter may be helpful to consider:
The Dangers of Road Hazards for Motorcyclists
Road hazards that are commonplace and not necessarily dangerous for those who drive trucks or cars may be disastrous for motorcyclists. Road hazards could cause a motorcyclist to lose control of their bike, whereas a four-wheeled vehicle may be able to safely drive over or around the obstacle. Bikers should avoid the following hazards whenever possible:
- Uneven pavement. Roads with large cracks, potholes, and mixed surfaces might cause a rider to suddenly lose control of their bike. Additionally, when focusing on navigating poorly surfaced roads, the rider may lose awareness of other hazards such as vehicles running through lights or jaywalking pedestrians. If the government entity responsible for the road’s maintenance was made aware of the offending hazard but did not address it, they may be held at least partially responsible for any resulting accidents. A motorcycle accident lawyer Charlottesville VA riders turn to for legal assistance could help determine who is liable for causing your personal injury.
- Road debris. It can come down to a split-second choice: risk running over debris that may cause you to lose control of your bike, or try to avoid it and risk losing control of your bike. Whether the debris consists of objects lost by other vehicles, roadkill, or trash, it may well be deadly for motorcyclists. A motorcycle accident lawyer in Charlottesville VA bikers turn to could help determine who is responsible for hazardous road debris.
- Wildlife, roadkill, and pets. Generally speaking, larger hazards are more dangerous than smaller hazards. However, in trying to avoid hitting someone’s small pet running across the road, a motorcyclist could easily crash. The average Charlottesville VA motorcycle accident lawyer is likely aware of how vulnerable a biker can be even when driving at relatively slow speeds.
- Slick pavement. Motorcyclists have to be just as vigilant as auto drivers when it comes to icy, snowy, or wet roads, but they also have to be mindful of oil spills, sand or gravel, leaves, and sometimes painted surfaces. A motorcycle accident lawyer Charlottesville VA residents respect may investigate the scene to determine the exact cause or causes of the accident.
- Standing water. Any vehicle could hydroplane in less than an inch of standing water, but the water may be concealing an even greater hazard: a large and deadly pothole. Unfortunately, this road hazard is quite commonplace. A motorcycle accident lawyer Charlottesville VA victims trust may be able to prove that the agency responsible for maintaining that portion of the road was negligent in addressing what they knew was a dangerous hazard.
Contact Us Today
The legal firm of MartinWren, P.C. is able to fight hard for the rights of motorcycle riders. Our attorneys have the experience and legal knowledge to help you recover the maximum amount of damages possible from your accident. When you need a top notch motorcycle accident lawyer Charlottesville VA residents believe in, contact MartinWren, P.C. without delay.