Auto Accident Lawyers Charlottesville VA
Auto accident lawyers Charlottesville, Virginia trusts are there for you when you might need them most. A collision can be incredibly devastating and lead to financial, emotional, and physical repercussions that last well into the future or for the rest of your life. If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto crash, you may want to consider what you need to do next. You may wish to start by calling Charlottesville auto accident lawyers.
MartinWren, P.C. is the kind of law firm you can count on for results. As respected auto accident lawyers Charlottesville VA residents rely on, our legal team is available to hear from you for a free and confidential consultation.
It is important that victims of car accidents understand the various types of damages they may receive due to injuries and losses. Some victims may accept a settlement offer that is much lower than the true value of their claim, simply because they just don’t realize they deserve more. This means that victims may end up having to pay out of pocket for losses that were caused because of the other driver’s negligence or carelessness. At Martin Wren Law, we believe this isn’t fair at all and will do what we can to get you a fair amount in financial restitution for what you have endured.
The Impact of Auto Accidents
Although many auto accidents are similar by nature, the impact can vary from one case to another. Some may result in excessive property damage, but minimal injuries. Others might cause severe or life threatening injuries that require months or years of rehabilitation. In general, the larger the vehicle is, and the greater the speed, the more the damage will be. What’s important to take away from here is that no matter what the impact of your incident may be, you have the right to talk to auto accident lawyers Charlottesville VA provides.
If you believe negligence or wrongdoing by the other driver was a factor in the crash and any of the following resulted, please call MartinWren, P.C. as soon as possible:
- Head, neck, or spine injury
- Internal bleeding
- Loss of limb
- Loss of vision or hearing
- Brain damage
- Cognitive impairment
- Severe scarring
Auto accident lawyers in Charlottesville VA can tell you what steps need to be taken in order to get justice. Monetary compensation may be available to help you and your loved ones put aside your financial worries regarding accident damages. Examples of monetary compensation include:
- Past, current, and future medical costs
- Home renovations to accommodate wheelchairs or hospital beds
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional grievance
- Loss of wages
- Funeral costs
Punitive damages might also be possible. These are meant to act as a punishment to the negligent party but are only pursued in certain cases. Auto accident lawyers Charlottesville VA relies on can let you know what kinds of damages may be obtained and how much your case may be worth. Call MartinWren, P.C. now.
Medical Costs and Treatment
Costs for medical care are usually one of the main forms of economic loss the victim experiences after a car accident. You may have been ushered to the hospital from the scene of the wreck, and that trip in an ambulance won’t be free. After that, you may have been hospitalized or sent to emergency surgery, which can cause medical costs to soar through the roof.
Even for those who didn’t get emergency care but still needed treatment for injuries, the costs can range in the high thousands. Please inform a lawyer at Martin Wren law if you have unpaid bills or spent your own money for:
- Hospital stays
- Ambulance costs
- Cognitive therapy
- Physical therapy
- Other procedures
Loss of Income
An accident may have left you unable to fulfill your job duties either temporarily or permanently. Your lawyer at Martin Wren Law can calculate your income loss amount based on how long you had to be away from work to recover. Determining how much you are owed in income loss is a straightforward process. To help us calculate this, it will help to provide us with past paycheck stubs or a statement from your employer that lists how many days and hours you missed work, plus your salary or hourly pay. Your auto accident lawyers Chartlottesville, VA can help you to review these documents.
Pain and Suffering
If as the victim you had to go through non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, due to your injuries, then you may receive an additional amount in restitution. Your auto accident lawyers Chartlottesville, VA can assess your injury diagnosis, treatments, and symptoms to evaluate whether you are eligible to receive this type of compensation. If your injuries were particularly painful and debilitating, chances are you could be awarded pain and suffering.
What Not to Do After Being in an Auto Accident
In driving school, we are often taught about what to do after an auto accident. But rarely are we told what not to do, and how certain actions can have a negative impact on the outcome of our insurance claim and civil lawsuit against the other driver. Anyone who has been part of an auto collision can rely on the knowledge of the auto accident lawyers in Charlottesville VA at MartinWren, P.C. We have been committed to helping protect the rights of innocent people who became victims due to another’s actions.
Do Not Admit Responsibility
In the moments after a car accident, even if it wasn’t your fault it can be an automatic response to say “I’m sorry” in an attempt to make amends. The situation is likely to be awkward for both drivers. Despite wanting to make things less uncomfortable, refrain from apologizing or making other statements that can be interpreted as admitting fault. Even if you think you may be responsible, there could be factors of the accident in which you are not aware of yet.
Do Not Provide Unnecessary Statements
After talking with your insurance company and one of the Charlottesville VA auto accident lawyers at MartinWren, P.C., there really isn’t anyone else who needs a statement from you about the accident. So, if you receive calls from representatives who claim to need answers about what happened, this is likely untrue. In fact, these people may be from the other driver’s insurance company and are calling to get your side of the story. No matter how well-intentioned this phone call may seem, remember that these people are against you and want to minimize your claim in any way they can.
Do Not Post on Social Media
It doesn’t matter if your social media page is set to private. There still may be ways for posts to be accessed. If the car accident turns into a civil lawsuit, the other driver’s attorneys may be doing whatever they can to find evidence to use against you. Posting a statement on social media can be twisted and misinterpreted, ultimately leading to your case being damaged. Refrain from venting about the accident on social media outlets entirely.
Do Not Forget to Take Photographs
Before leaving the scene, it is crucial that you take pictures of everything. You will want to capture both vehicle damages, your injuries, debris on the ground, broken windshields, old vehicle damage, a panoramic, street signs, and anything else related. The more photographic evidence you have, the better your chances are of showing how the other driver was at fault for the collision. If you aren’t sure what photographs are most helpful to your case, you can ask one of the auto accident lawyers in Charlottesville VA at MartinWren, P.C. for advice.
Types of Evidence You Need in an Auto Accident Case
If you plan to pursue a lawsuit for your auto accident injuries, it is critical to preserve evidence. The more evidence you have, the stronger your case will be. Here are some important pieces of evidence your auto accident lawyers in Charlottesville, VA will recommend you to have:
- Photos of the Accident Scene: Never leave the scene of an auto accident without taking adequate photos. If you are able to physically do so, take several shots of the scene with your smartphone camera. You’ll want to capture shots of all the vehicles involved in the accident, skid marks on the road, your injuries, traffic signs and road defects. If you are not in the condition to take photos, see if a bystander can help.
- Police Report: After an auto accident, police are required to come to the scene and create a report. This report will include critical information about the crash, like where and when the accident occurred and who may have been at fault. Remember to obtain a copy of this police report for your records.
- Medical Records: To prove that the auto accident resulted in your injuries, you must provide your medical records to your auto accident lawyers in Charlottesville, VA. That is why you must seek medical attention promptly, even if you feel fine. A doctor will properly evaluate your injuries and recommend the appropriate treatment. Your medical records, such as x-rays or MRI’s, can serve as evidence of the extent of your injuries.
- Witness Testimony: If there were other people present at the time of the accident, do not be afraid to ask them for their names and contact information. They may be able to back up your story in court.
- Clothes: Save the clothes you were wearing at the time of the accident and do not wash them. If they are torn or bloodied, the clothes can show evidence that the accident occurred.
- Vehicle Damage Reports: If you were in an auto accident, it is likely that your vehicle sustained some damage. To make sure you get properly compensated, save receipts for repairing your vehicle.
- Surveillance Footage: These days, many traffic cameras contain recording devices. These video recordings can show the court exactly what happened during the accident. Ask your auto accident lawyers in Charlottesville, VA to access these tapes.
Dealing with a car accident by yourself can be mentally and financially draining. It can be difficult to balance life responsibilities and fight for your side of the story in a lawsuit. One of the auto accident lawyers Charlottesville VA clients recommend from MartinWren, P.C. can represent you as you seek compensation for the accident. Please call us today!
If you need help regarding an accident and want to know how much you could receive if you get help from a lawyer at our law firm, then contact Martin Wren Law today for assistance. We understand that during this time you may be in pain and just want the entire situation to be over. However, you must not accept a settlement that is drastically lower than what you truly deserve. We are waiting for your phone call!