The Virginia Division of Legislative Services has released “In Due Course: 2011 Changes in Virginia’s Laws” providing a brief summary of legislation passed by this year’s General Assembly of interest to citizens. The VDLS publication doesn’t cover all the new legislation passed in 2011, but it does contain information on several interesting new laws. For example:
– Restaurants now can permit patrons to drink wine lawfully purchased elsewhere (although, of course, they are not required to allow patrons to bring their own wine to dinner!);
– Virginia also now will recognize foreign adoptions and issue birth certificates for children adopted in foreign countries more easily;
– Lawn fertilizer and de-icing agents containing urea, nitrogen or phosphorous will be phased out beginning in January 2014;
– Health insurance policies in Virginia providing coverage beginning after January 1, 2012, must provide limited coverage for autism spectrum disorder;
– Virginia’s already extensive special vehicle license plate program has been expanded even further to permit “Don’t Tread On Me” and “In God We Trust” license plates, as well as special plates for supporters of the Blue Ridge Parkway and James River Park System.
MartinWren, P.C. attorney Lewis A. Martin, III practices real property law and estate administration law in the firm’s Charlottesville office. For more information regarding property foreclosures and other real estate issues, please call Lewis at 434-817-3100 or email him at email@example.com. With offices in Charlottesville and Harrisonburg, Virginia, MartinWren, P.C. is a dynamic law firm offering legal services to individuals and small and large businesses across the Commonwealth. MartinWren, P.C. represents clients in diverse practice areas: Business, Corporate & Tax Law; Estate Planning & Administration; Personal Injury; Intellectual Property and Technology Law; Healthcare Law; Commercial & Residential Real Estate; Civil and Commercial Litigation; Startups and Emerging Companies; Family Law & Adoption; and Nonprofit Organization Law. To learn more about MartinWren, please visit www.martinwrenlaw.com.