September 6, 2017 in Uncategorized | MARTIN WREN, P.C. | LEAVE A COMMENT

Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers

Car accidents are stressful for everyone involved. You may be dealing with serious injuries and worried about how to pay your medical bills. It’s important to avoid making mistakes that could make everything worse.  Let’s take a look at some common mistakes people make after an accident.

Providing a Recorded Statement

It isn’t required to make a recorded statement when you make a car accident claim. Providing a recorded statement isn’t in your best interest. You might not be able to recall all the details of the accident and make a mistake. If the insurance company asks you to provide a recorded statement, you should politely decline.

Admitting to Liability or Fault

After an accident, it isn’t wise to admit to any fault. If you admit guilt, the insurance company can use that to reduce their burden. Even if you were partially at fault, you should remain silent and allow the professionals to sort everything out.

Underestimating your Injuries or Damage

Many victims of car accidents think that reporting their initial injuries right away is the best way to a fast recovery. However, this isn’t true. There are some injuries, like neck strains and soft tissue injuries, that don’t become completely known until days or weeks after the accident. Even if you don’t see any physical injuries, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible. He or she will evaluate your condition and determine the extent of your condition. If you wait too long to get your injuries evaluated, they could get worse.

Accepting a Lowball Offer or Settlement

Another big mistake car accident victims make is accepting a settlement offer too soon. They may be anxious to get the case over with and accept the insurance company’s first offer. However, insurance companies are there to make money and usually offer low settlements the first time around. That’s why it is important to consult with an experienced lawyer, like a car accident lawyer Milwaukee WI trusts, before signing any settlement offer. He or she can determine if the settlement offer represents the true value of your claim.  


If you were hurt in a car accident, you should set up a consultation with a personal injury lawyer right away. He or she can evaluate your case for free and advise you on how to proceed. With a skilled lawyer on your side, you are more likely to obtain the compensation you deserve.

Thanks to our friends and contributors from Hickey & Turim, SC for their insight into car accident cases.


Contact Our Virginia Lawyers

We serve clients throughout Virginia — from Charlottesville and Central Virginia to metropolitan Richmond; Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah Valley to Roanoke; and the cities of Hampton Roads to the Northern Virginia cities of  Fairfax, Alexandria and Arlington.

To speak with one of our attorneys, please call us at (434) 817-3100.

Our Virginia personal injury lawyers at MartinWren, P.C. have a statewide practice and offer free consultations at a time and location that is convenient for you.  We will gladly meet with you at your home or at the hospital, even on nights and weekends.


Disclaimer: Using this contact form or any page of MartinWren, P.C.’s website does not establish an attorney-client relationship.  Please do not submit any confidential, privileged, or other protected information until and unless you have completed a private consultation with a MartinWren, P.C. attorney, the attorney has informed you that no conflict of interest exists, and the attorney notifies you that the firm can take your case. By completing this form you agree that we can follow up with you by phone, email, or by text messaging.

    *Please enter your initials to acknowledge that you have read and understood the Disclaimer above:

    *By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Martin Wren, P.C.. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.

    To schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer, please call us at (434) 817-3100.

    latest firm news