A Family Lawyer for Grandparents Rights 

August 4, 2019 in Uncategorized | MARTIN WREN, P.C. | LEAVE A COMMENT

 Family Lawyer

When a child is unable to spend time with their grandparents, he or she might miss out on something that is considered to be a joyful part of childhood. Furthermore, the bond between a child and their grandparents is often filled with rich love, learning, wisdom, and fun. As a family lawyer, we will stand up for grandparents who would like to have an active role in their grandchildren’s life, but are being denied this. 

If someone, or something, is preventing you from spending time with your grandchild, we would like to listen to your story and help you to make a decision on what you should do next. For a consultation with a family lawyer, call a law firm today.

Grandparents Rights

As a grandparent, or even non-custodial parent, you may be able to ask the court to enforce visitation rights. It might be possible, in certain circumstances, to obtain the custody of your grandchild. For instance, if a parent dies, and the child is left with a surviving spouse, but they are unfit (as would need to be shown to the court). Call a law firm to speak with a knowledgeable, experienced family lawyer who understands grandparents rights and visitation. 

Attorneys Stand Up For Grandparents

Attorneys help grandparents who are finding it difficult to maintain contact with their grandchildren after a divorce or separation, or the death of one or both parents. Just because their may be turmoil between the parents does not mean the children shouldn’t have access to their grandparents. Furthermore, unlike the times of the past when the court only acknowledged the rights of the biological parents, today, grandparents, even non-biological parents, do have rights. 

Seeking Custody & Visitation for Grandparents

Depending on the state, the definition of a parent may include a biological or adoptive relationship with the child, as well as, a former spouse in a same sex marriage or non-marital relationship or non-biological parent. 

Often, when a non-biological party or grandparent is seeking visitation or custody,  the court will decide based upon clear and convincing evidence that suggests the party would like to have a role in the raising of the child. This area of the law is considerably nuanced and ever-changing. Not all family lawyers, or lawyers, will understand how to make complicated laws related to this issue, work for you. 

Are You Seeking to Maintain Your Relationship With Your Grandchild or Non-Biological Child?

A family lawyer firm has helped grandparents and non-biological parents. They understand, recognize, and assert their rights in regards to child custody and visitation. If you are a grandparent or non-biological parent who believes their rights have been denied, they would like to speak with you about your potential options. In some cases, they may need to petition the state for your visitation rights. Rest assured, an attorney has the skill, patience, and dedication to do this in the most effective manner. 

For a consultation with a child visitation lawyer Rockville, MD about grandparents rights, call a law firm today.



Thanks to the Law Office of Daniel J. Wright for their insight into family law and grandparents rights. 

Contact Our Virginia Lawyers

We serve clients throughout Virginia — from Charlottesville and Central Virginia to metropolitan Richmond; Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah Valley to Roanoke; and the cities of Hampton Roads to the Northern Virginia cities of  Fairfax, Alexandria and Arlington.

To speak with one of our attorneys, please call us at (434) 817-3100.

Our Virginia personal injury lawyers at MartinWren, P.C. have a statewide practice and offer free consultations at a time and location that is convenient for you.  We will gladly meet with you at your home or at the hospital, even on nights and weekends.


Disclaimer: Using this contact form or any page of MartinWren, P.C.’s website does not establish an attorney-client relationship.  Please do not submit any confidential, privileged, or other protected information until and unless you have completed a private consultation with a MartinWren, P.C. attorney, the attorney has informed you that no conflict of interest exists, and the attorney notifies you that the firm can take your case. By completing this form you agree that we can follow up with you by phone, email, or by text messaging.

    *Please enter your initials to acknowledge that you have read and understood the Disclaimer above:

    To schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer, please call us at (434) 817-3100.

    latest firm news