Making a Claim for Your Back Injury

October 15, 2019 in Uncategorized | MARTIN WREN, P.C. | LEAVE A COMMENT

Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers

Back Injuries

When you are in some type of accident that results in a back injury, the damage done may cause you to be injured for weeks, months, or years. This is why it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible after your back injury so that you can get the help you need to heal. However, how are you supposed to pay for your medical bills?

Attorneys know that back injuries can be expensive, and when you aren’t planning for an injury like this, you may not be able to cover the cost of the bills. That said, you should work with one of our caring attorneys to go over the accident as well as your injury to see how we can get started on the claim process. This is important because it can give you closure after a traumatic injury and it can pay for your medical bills. Call a law office now to see how they can help you with your claim.

What kind of damages are there for a back injury?

When you are trying to recover damages for your injury, you may be wondering what filing a claim can do for you? Is there any hope that you will get money back from the person responsible? With the help of our attorneys, you do not need to worry about doing this on your own. We have helped many clients in the past who have suffered from back injuries win claims that cover their medical bills. If you are wondering what kind of damages this kind of claim can cover, you will see them in two categories:

  • Economic Damages
  • Non-Economic Damages


Economic Damages. Economic damages come in a few different forms. For example, one of the most common forms of economic damages (also known as special damages) are your medical bills. In fact, this is one of the easiest damages that you may be able to win because your attorney is usually able to pinpoint the exact dollar amount that needs to be paid. Your medical bills may come in the form of:

  • Surgeries
  • X-rays
  • Physical Therapy
  • Medication
  • Future Medical Expenses

You may also be able to gather damages for your lost income. If you are unable to work because of your injury before or after medical care, the person who is responsible for your injury could also be responsible for this as well.

Non-Economic Damages. When you are awarded non-economic damages, it means that you are awarded damages for non-monetary losses that are directly associated with the accident that caused you to injure your back. For example, you may get compensated for your pain and suffering. This is emotional pain and suffering that happened as well as distress. It may result in temporary or permanent anxiety after the accident. 


If you were recently in an accident that caused your back to be injured, please seek help from a personal injury lawyer in Salt Lake City, Utah for more information. They are here to help you get through this.

Thanks to Rasmussen & Miner for their insight into personal injury claims and back injuries.

Contact Our Virginia Lawyers

We serve clients throughout Virginia — from Charlottesville and Central Virginia to metropolitan Richmond; Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah Valley to Roanoke; and the cities of Hampton Roads to the Northern Virginia cities of  Fairfax, Alexandria and Arlington.

To speak with one of our attorneys, please call us at (434) 817-3100.

Our Virginia personal injury lawyers at MartinWren, P.C. have a statewide practice and offer free consultations at a time and location that is convenient for you.  We will gladly meet with you at your home or at the hospital, even on nights and weekends.


Disclaimer: Using this contact form or any page of MartinWren, P.C.’s website does not establish an attorney-client relationship.  Please do not submit any confidential, privileged, or other protected information until and unless you have completed a private consultation with a MartinWren, P.C. attorney, the attorney has informed you that no conflict of interest exists, and the attorney notifies you that the firm can take your case. By completing this form you agree that we can follow up with you by phone, email, or by text messaging.

    *Please enter your initials to acknowledge that you have read and understood the Disclaimer above:

    *By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Martin Wren, P.C.. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.

    To schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer, please call us at (434) 817-3100.

    latest firm news