Military Family Law

April 19, 2021 in Articles | MARTIN WREN, P.C. | LEAVE A COMMENT

If you are a dependent who requires legal assistance, you should know that this is one of the many benefits that is provided by the military when you have a spouse or parent serving. The military is going to offer you free legal assistance, if you need to write your will, you need to sign a lease, or need power of attorney. But military lawyers can also help you with Family Matters.

Hiring a military family lawyer means you are most likely hiring a Judge Advocate General or a JAG. Judge Advocate Generals are going to be able to help with legal and non-legal matters, such as purchasing a car, renting an apartment, buying a home in taxes or doing something that requires a lot more legal knowledge.

Judge Advocate General’s are lawyers who have graduated from an accredited law school and have their license to practice law by the highest court of state or by a federal judge. Judge Advocates are assigned to assist individuals with legal problems, and are also known as legal assistance lawyers. 

The military services offer limited legal I just sent to guard and Reserve members, especially when they are inactive. Guard and Reserve members of the military are going to be able to prepare legal documents such as wills and Powers of Attorney in case they are called to action. Each military service has specific regulations that are going to affect the extent of legal assistance they provide.

Your military family lawyer is going to be able to help you understand what you’re provided legal assistance is based on whatever branch of the military you are involved with.

However, if there is not a lawyer that is suited to help with your issue or your case in the Judge Advocate General’s that would be available to you, you will be referred to a civilian lawyer that can help your case.

But you might be wondering what exactly the legal assistance offices can help you with and that’s a great question. 

  •  Your military family lawyer can service and Advocate and Council. 
  •  They can also help prepare & correspond on behalf of eligible clientele.
  • They can negotiate with another party or the other party’s lawyer.  
  •  If necessary they may refer you to a civilian lawyer.
  •  They can help you prepare legal documents.
  •  They can help you with power of attorney and drafting wolves.
  •  They can offer you estate planning advice and help you review contracts and leases before you sign.
  •  They can provide notarization, and personal finance advice. 

Understanding the kind of help that your military family law lawyer can give you is the first step to choosing the correct lawyer for your issue or your case. You should always feel comfortable with your lawyer, and lawyers such as the ones that Robinson and Hadeed Family Law are going to be able to answer your questions for you.

Contact Our Virginia Lawyers

We serve clients throughout Virginia — from Charlottesville and Central Virginia to metropolitan Richmond; Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah Valley to Roanoke; and the cities of Hampton Roads to the Northern Virginia cities of  Fairfax, Alexandria and Arlington.

To speak with one of our attorneys, please call us at (434) 817-3100.

Our Virginia personal injury lawyers at MartinWren, P.C. have a statewide practice and offer free consultations at a time and location that is convenient for you.  We will gladly meet with you at your home or at the hospital, even on nights and weekends.


Disclaimer: Using this contact form or any page of MartinWren, P.C.’s website does not establish an attorney-client relationship.  Please do not submit any confidential, privileged, or other protected information until and unless you have completed a private consultation with a MartinWren, P.C. attorney, the attorney has informed you that no conflict of interest exists, and the attorney notifies you that the firm can take your case. By completing this form you agree that we can follow up with you by phone, email, or by text messaging.

    *Please enter your initials to acknowledge that you have read and understood the Disclaimer above:

    *By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Martin Wren, P.C.. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.

    To schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer, please call us at (434) 817-3100.

    latest firm news