Attorneys may explain that people are eligible for fair compensation when someone else’s negligence or intentional act caused them harm. There are several cases of personal injury but the most common types of personal injury cases include:
- Car Accident Cases: No matter how careful you are on the road, there are careless drivers who cause harm to others. If you were in an accident and another driver was not following the rules of the road, was distracted, or was acting in a negligent manner, then they may be held liable for your injuries. Attorneys from MartinWren, P.C. can assist you in navigating the car accident claim process, helping you to focus on getting healthy once again.
- Slip and Fall Cases: It is legally required for property owners to keep their sites reasonably safe and hazardous free. Property liability laws are set in place to prevent people from becoming injured. The responsibilities of a landowner can vary from state to state. Experienced injury lawyers Charlottesville VA residents trust may help you receive compensation with their up-to-date knowledge of the law.
- Medical Malpractice: If a patient is harmed by a doctor or other healthcare professional who failed to perform their medical duties effectively, the patient may be able to file a medical malpractice claim. These cases can be very complex, but the qualified Charlottesville Virginia injury lawyers will work diligently to help you recover proper compensation.
- Dog Bite Cases: Individuals who were bitten by another person’s dog may seek the help of injury lawyers in Charlottesville that can help with a personal injury claim. In many dog bite cases, the dog is not properly fenced in or the dog was not restrained, leading to their dog harming another person or animal. If you were bitten by a dog, the owner is automatically liable and you have the right to seek legal action against them. Dog owners may be financially responsible for bites and other injuries caused by their dog.
- Assault, Battery, and Intentional Torts: These cases are different from others because they involve intentionally causing harm to another, instead of causing harm through negligence or carelessness. However, they still fall under the category of personal injury cases. Typically, these charges apply in criminal cases and the victim may be able to demand compensation for their injuries. If you have been a victim in an assault, battery or intentional tort case, reach out to a top lawyer and they can fight for your rightful and deserved compensation.
- Wrongful Death: A wrongful death is an agonizing experience that is typically financially disastrous for the family of the departed. When an accident that caused the death of a loved one was preventable, it is excruciating for the deceased’s family and loved ones. The family may have considerable medical expenses, final expenses for the deceased, and lose benefits and years of income.
Charlottesville VA injury lawyers may suggest that negligence is the absence of using reasonable care, ensuing in damage or injury to another. To have a compelling personal injury claim, the victim must have been injured from the wrongdoing or negligence of another individual.
Unlike many other states, Virginia does not operate on a comparative negligence policy. Insead they have what is known as contributory negligence. Comparative negligence is when parties are assigned fault according to the percentage of blame they have in an accident. If a victim has partial fault, they will still be able to recover a portion of compensation. On the other hand, contributory negligence means that in car accidents with multiple parties, a person is only able to receive compensation if they are completely free of fault. So, this means in cases where a person has minimal fault they may be barred from being eligible to receive compensation.
Because these cases are handled much more differently in Virginia, it is highly recommended to have a specially experienced and skilled lawyer who can advocate on your behalf. They will fight for you and work to see that you have the strongest argument for your case and can recover any and all compensation that you’re entitled to.
No matter what type of injury you suffered, consulting with lawyers from MartinWren, P.C. may be in your best interest to provide profitable help in your case. We have the necessary experience to prepare a strong case for you. Going through a traumatic and devastating accident can be extremely difficult, and we understand the pain that you are going through. Let us help you by offering our legal assistance so that you can obtain the financial compensation you deserve. As a victim, you should have the guidance and support to go through your recovery period smoothly after experiencing a terrible accident.