If you are searching for a top personal injury lawyer Charlottesville VA has to offer, there are a few things that you’ll need to keep in mind. Personal injury claims and lawsuits are fairly common in the U.S. today. Still, many people have never gone through a personal injury case before and do not know what to expect during the process.
At MartinWren, P.C., our legal team understands the importance of pairing each client with a personal injury lawyer Charlottesville VA residents can trust. We also know how important it is for our clients to be knowledgeable about personal injury cases. If you are getting ready to contact a top personal injury lawyer Charlottesville VA can provide, here are a few important things you may want to consider before getting started.
- Your injury claim might not go to trial. This doesn’t necessarily mean that your case will be thrown out or denied in some way; it just means that you may be more likely to reach a settlement rather than going to court. While some injury claims do require courtroom lawsuits, many claims can be settled outside of the courtroom through a time- and cost-efficient settlement process.
- Your lawyer should have experience in personal injury cases. Most lawyers do not practice every type of criminal and civil law. If you want to pursue financial compensation for being injured, it is often beneficial to look specifically for a personal injury lawyer Charlottesville VA has to offer. At MartinWren, P.C., we have a team of lawyers with substantial experience in a variety of legal practices. Our personal injury lawyers, for example, have handled personal injury cases that include defective products, car accident injuries, food safety, and nursing home negligence — among many others.
- Consultations are typically free. A good lawyer will likely offer potential clients an initial case evaluation without any charges. At MartinWren, P.C., we offer potential clients the ability to meet with an attorney for an initial consultation, completely free of charge. This allows our legal team to analyze potential cases and provide realistic expectations to potential clients about the compensation they may deserve.
Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer
The initial consultation with a personal injury lawyer Charlottesville VA residents trust gives you a chance to find out more about about his or her experience and skills. After the lawyer gets done asking questions about your case, it’s your turn ask the questions. Here are several questions you may want to ask a personal injury lawyer:
- How many cases have you handled similar to mine? When interviewing a personal injury lawyer in Charlottesville VA, ask how many similar personal injury cases he or she has handled in the past. If you are the victim of medical malpractice, for example, you may not want to work with a lawyer who only has experiencing handling car accident cases.
- What kind of outcome do you expect with my case? A personal injury lawyer Charlottesville VA locals depend on can’t promise anything, but he or she may have an idea if you have a shot at winning your case or not. If he or she determines that there is a slim chance you will win your case, it might not be worth pursuing.
- What is your current caseload? Before you hire a personal injury, it may be wise to find out about his or her current caseload. The lawyer you hire shouldn’t have too many other cases on his or plate. This means he or she might not have enough time to give your case the attention it deserves.
- When will my lawsuit be filed? Some lawyers won’t start working on a personal injury case until the deadline to file approaches. That’s why you should ask a personal injury lawyer Charlottesville VA residents respect how soon your lawsuit will be filed. The sooner your lawsuit is filed, the sooner you can put all of this behind you.
- How can I help with my case? During your initial consultation, ask a Charlottesville personal injury lawyer about your role in this case. Does he or she expect you to help gather evidence contact witnesses?
- What is your contingency fee? Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee, meaning they get a percentage of a client’s winnings. If they don’t win the case, they won’t receive any money. It may be a good idea to ask a personal injury lawyer Charlottesville VA locals count on what contingency fee he or she charges.
- How can I reach you? There may be several instances during your personal injury case when you will have a question or concern. It’s important to be able to reach your lawyer when that happens. Ask your personal injury lawyer if he or she prefers to be contacted by phone or email.
- Do you ever go to trial? While it’s always nice to have a personal injury case settled out of court, it may not always be in your best interest. For example, if the insurance company isn’t willing to agree on a fair settlement, it may be better to go to trial. Make sure that the personal injury lawyer Charlottesville CA locals rely on is willing to go to trial if necessary.
Contact Your Local Personal Injury Lawyer in Charlottesville VA
At MartinWren, P.C., we have gained a strong reputation among local residents for providing valuable legal counsel in a variety of situations. If you or someone you love has recently been injured in an accident, a Charlottesville VA personal injury lawyer from MartinWren, P.C. may be able to help. Our lawyers have acquired a great deal of experience in different types of personal injury cases, and we thoroughly understand the legal requirements involved in Virginia civil suits.
Whether your case can be settled outside of the courtroom, or whether your situation will be best handled through court proceedings, our lawyers are ready to fight for our clients’ best interests. For more information about the legal team at MartinWren, P.C., or to schedule a free consultation with a top personal injury lawyer Charlottesville VA has to offer, contact us today.