A truck accident lawyer Richmond VA trusts may be able to help you recover the compensation you deserve from the truck accident you were involved in. At MartinWren, P.C., we have represented many truck accident victims in the past and are ready to assist you. If you have a reputable lawyer on your side, you may improve your chance of obtaining fair compensation for your injuries.
Semis, tractor trailers, and other large and heavy trucks are on almost every road in the United States most days. They are responsible for getting fuel to stations all across the country, transporting goods from one place to the next, gathering crops from rural farms and taking them to stores in other states. They are necessary to this country, but the downside is that they are involved in many accidents on a regular basis. Such accidents are often much more severe due to the size and weight of the vehicle. A truck accident lawyer Richmond VA provides can help you decide your next few steps.
Each year, vehicles travel billions of miles in across the United States. In 2015, the number was over 3,000 billion. Larger trucks account for a great portion of those miles each year, usually around 200 billion. With so many trucks traveling all day, every day, accidents can be very common, especially during rain, sleet, and snow. If you have been the victim of an accident, call a truck accident lawyer in Richmond VA from our firm today.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents occur every day in the U.S. and can result in traumatic brain injuries and other life-threatening injuries. While some of these accidents are caused by extreme weather conditions and poor road conditions, many others are the result of driver error. Let’s take a look at some of the common causes of truck accidents a truck accident lawyer in Richmond VA from our firm sees:
- Poor Truck Maintenance: Trucking companies are responsible for maintaining all of their vehicles. If a truck isn’t maintained properly, it is more likely to break down on the road and cause an accident. If a truck accident lawyer Richmond VA counts on finds out during the discovery process that a trucking company failed to properly maintain a vehicle, the company could be held liable.
- Distracted Driving: Truck drivers often have busy schedules, so some of them may try to multitask while on the road. However, sending a text message or even eat something can cause a truck driver to lose focus and increase the risk of an accident. If a truck driver must complete a certain task, it may be best for him or her to pull over to a safe spot to do it.
- Speeding: Truck drivers are expected to deliver their goods on time. To ensure the goods get delivered to their destinations on deadline, some truck drivers may drive above the speed limit. Unfortunately, this puts everyone else on the road at risk. It’s important for truck drivers to obey the speed limit, even if they are on strict timelines.
- Driver Fatigue: A truck accident lawyer Richmond VA respects has also dealt with truck accidents caused by driver fatigue. Truck drivers may drive thousands of miles every month, which can take its toll eventually. That’s why federal regulations limit the amount of hours a truck driver can log every week. Unfortunately, not all truck drivers follow these regulations and drive more hours than permitted. Exhausted drivers are more likely to lose focus on the road and cause accidents.
Results of a Trucking Accident
If you are the victim of a trucking accident, you may have sustained various kinds of damages. They may include damage to your car, or damages to yourself and others in the car with you. A Richmond truck accident lawyer may be able to help you assess the cost of the damages and recover the costs from those responsible. Damages from an accident may include:
- Loss of job
- Loss of vehicle
- Enormous medical bills
- Short or long term care
- Loss of life
If you have experienced any of these, you may benefit from the help of a truck accident lawyer Richmond VA trusts to fight your case and help you earn the compensation you deserve. The compensation you receive may be able to provide relief for your medical bills and other accident related costs. Hire a truck accident lawyer Richmond VA victims recommend from MartinWren, P.C. so you and your loved ones can get the justice you deserve.
Trucking companies are used to accidents occurring, so they know how to work the system and cut corners to make it seem like the driver was not negligent, and that they are not at fault. You need to be ready for this to happen, and have solid evidence that proves the trucker was at fault. You will also want the right truck accident lawyer Richmond VA trusts on your side. Proof that may indicate the driver was at fault include:
- The driver was under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol.
- The driver fell asleep at the wheel.
- The driver failed to signal before switching lanes.
- The driver failed to inspect vehicle before starting the drive for that day.
Hiring Legal Representation for a Truck Accident Lawsuit
Truck accident lawsuits tend to be quite complex and can be stressful to deal with on your own. That’s where a Richmond VA truck accident lawyer comes in. If you work with a skilled truck accident lawyer Richmond VA depends on, he or she can help you gather important evidence, negotiate with insurance companies and develop a strong argument against the truck driver who hit you.
Our attorneys have years of experience working with negligent drivers in trucking accidents. We know how the truck companies and insurance companies work, and we can do our best to help you under the circumstances. Accidents of this nature can result in serious injuries that are not to be taken lightly or forgotten about. If you have been the victim of a truck accident due to the negligence of the driver, call MartinWren, P.C. today. We can offer a truck accident lawyer Richmond VA trusts to be on their side.
If you are looking for a truck accident lawyer Richmond VA offers, contact MartinWren, P.C. at 434-817-3100.