What are common causes of trucking accidents?
A truck accident lawyer Richmond VA trusts from MartinWren, P.C. has represented clients who suffered traumatic brain injuries, paralysis and other serious injuries from truck accidents. Trucking accidents occur every day and are more likely to cause severe injuries and fatalities than accidents involving typical cars. Commercial trucks weigh a lot more than regular vehicles, so the impact is much greater.
While some truck accidents are caused by extreme weather and poor road conditions, other accidents result from driver error. Driving a commercial truck is more difficult than driving a regular vehicle. Drivers must complete specialized training before getting certified. Even after they complete training, truck drivers must still take extra safety precautions. The most experienced drivers may get into accidents if they aren’t careful.
If you’re considering contacting a truck accident lawyer Richmond VA relies on from our law firm, your accident might have been caused by one of the following:
- Distracted Driving: Operating a commercial truck requires a driver’s full attention. If a truck driver shifts their focus for a minute, it may increase the risk of an accident. Because truck drivers are on the road for long periods of time, they might try to multitask. They might make a phone call or eat food while they are behind the wheel. To keep everyone on the road safe, truck drivers should pull over to a safe spot if they have to do another task.
- Poor Truck Maintenance: Just like all other vehicles, commercial trucks must be properly maintained. If these trucks aren’t maintained, an equipment malfunction, such as a tire blowout, can occur on the road. If faulty equipment causes an accident that injures others, the injured victims might file a lawsuit against the trucking company with the help of a truck accident lawyer Richmond VA counts on.
- Driver Fatigue: Driving a commercial truck for hours at a time can get very tiring. That’s why federal regulations set a limit on how many hours truck drivers can drive every week. Unfortunately, not all truck drivers follow this rule and log in more hours than they are supposed to. A truck accident lawyer Richmond VA respects may have represented clients who were in truck accidents caused by driver fatigue.
- Speeding: Some individuals who request to speak to a Richmond truck accident lawyer from our firm may have been involved in truck accidents related to speeding. Commercial truck drivers are often under strict timelines and may be tempted to drive above the speed limit to deliver their goods on time.
- Inadequate Training: A truck accident lawyer in Richmond VA may have represented clients whose injuries resulted from inexperienced truck drivers. If a truck driver hasn’t receive adequate training, he or she might not know how to handle a commercial truck and put everyone on the road in danger.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our firm if you have more questions about trucking accidents. To schedule a consultation with a truck accident lawyer Richmond VA has to offer, contact MartinWren, P.C. at (434) 817-3100.