Damages You Could Seek for Personal Injury

March 1, 2021 in Uncategorized | MARTIN WREN, P.C. | LEAVE A COMMENT

Pursuing a lawsuit after being injured in a way that could have been avoided is often the best way to get the compensation you deserve. You might automatically assume the only damages you can seek are medical bills, but that’s not exactly the case. The following are some of the damages you could seek, depending on your personal injury case.

Medical Expenses

Most individuals realize they can seek medical expenses as damages in a personal injury case, but do you know how far that goes? Medical expenses don’t just include the immediate care after your injury. These damages also include ongoing medication you’ll have to take the rest of your life, future surgeries, future treatment, and a host of other health-related treatments. You could seek payment for hospital stays, prescriptions, an ambulance ride, emergency care, follow-up care, and a wide range of other medical expenses.

Lost Wages

If you missed work while recovering from your injuries, you could seek lost wages. Sometimes you are unable to fully get back to work because of the severity of your injuries, and you can seek lost wages for that issue as well. Perhaps you have to learn a new skill to complete a job because you lost the function of your arms or legs. You could receive compensation to pay for that new training. If you are looking to find a personal injury lawyer in Charlottesville, Va, you could consider a firm like MartinWren, P.C. to help with your possible case.

Pain and Suffering

There are a wide range of issues covered by pain and suffering. These include non-economic damages that can be assigned a dollar amount. It might include the physical pain you experienced at the time of the accident, any discomfort you’ve been in since the accident, and a variety of mental and psychological effects you’ve had to deal with. For example, if your accident was particularly traumatic, you might suffer from anxiety or PTSD. You could be compensated for the suffering, as well as for any costs therapy might require.

Loss of Companionship

Sometimes your relationships suffer as much as you do after a personal injury. If you have lost companionship or even consortium, you could receive damages to compensate. For example, your injuries might be too overwhelming for your spouse, so he or she left you to deal with it on your own. Another example would be the inability to be intimate with your spouse, resulting in the inability to have children. You could seek compensation for these issues.

Contact Our Virginia Lawyers

We serve clients throughout Virginia — from Charlottesville and Central Virginia to metropolitan Richmond; Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah Valley to Roanoke; and the cities of Hampton Roads to the Northern Virginia cities of  Fairfax, Alexandria and Arlington.

To speak with one of our attorneys, please call us at (434) 817-3100.

Our Virginia personal injury lawyers at MartinWren, P.C. have a statewide practice and offer free consultations at a time and location that is convenient for you.  We will gladly meet with you at your home or at the hospital, even on nights and weekends.


Disclaimer: Using this contact form or any page of MartinWren, P.C.’s website does not establish an attorney-client relationship.  Please do not submit any confidential, privileged, or other protected information until and unless you have completed a private consultation with a MartinWren, P.C. attorney, the attorney has informed you that no conflict of interest exists, and the attorney notifies you that the firm can take your case. By completing this form you agree that we can follow up with you by phone, email, or by text messaging.

    *Please enter your initials to acknowledge that you have read and understood the Disclaimer above:

    *By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Martin Wren, P.C.. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.

    To schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer, please call us at (434) 817-3100.

    latest firm news