What Are My Legal Options After An Assault

November 21, 2022 in Uncategorized | MARTIN WREN, P.C. | LEAVE A COMMENT

Assault Injury Lawyer

If you are the victim of an assault, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against your attacker. Assault and battery are criminal acts in which one person threatens or attacks another person. If you have been injured as a result of an assault, you may be able to sue the attacker for damages. An assault can be both a criminal act and a personal injury. Meaning, you can sue your attacker in civil court regardless of whether they’ve been convicted of criminal assault and battery charges.

If you have been injured as a result of an assault, you should speak to a personal injury lawyer right away. A personal injury lawyer can help you file a lawsuit against the attacker. You may be entitled to receive damages for your injuries. Damages can include monetary compensation for your pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses incurred as a result of the assault.

An assault can cause many different types of injuries, including physical injuries (such as cuts and bruises), emotional injuries (such as fear and anxiety), and financial losses (such as lost wages and medical bills). An assault can also cause post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). PTSD is a mental health condition that can occur after you experience a traumatic event. Symptoms of PTSD include flashbacks, nightmares, and intrusive thoughts. When someone assaults you, they are putting your safety and well-being at risk. 

If you are a victim of assault, you should:

  1. Seek medical attention immediately. This is the best way to ensure that you receive the treatment you need.
  2. Report the assault to the police. Assault is a criminal act, and it is important to report it to the police. They will investigate the attack and may be able to catch the attacker. Filing a police report after an assault can also help to strengthen any personal injury case that you may choose to file.
  1. Speak with a reputable assault injury lawyer. If you have been injured as a result of an assault, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the attacker. A compassionate personal injury lawyer – including those who practice at Martin Wren, P.C. – can help you file your lawsuit and represent you in court.

Contact Our Virginia Lawyers

We serve clients throughout Virginia — from Charlottesville and Central Virginia to metropolitan Richmond; Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah Valley to Roanoke; and the cities of Hampton Roads to the Northern Virginia cities of  Fairfax, Alexandria and Arlington.

To speak with one of our attorneys, please call us at (434) 817-3100.

Our Virginia personal injury lawyers at MartinWren, P.C. have a statewide practice and offer free consultations at a time and location that is convenient for you.  We will gladly meet with you at your home or at the hospital, even on nights and weekends.


Disclaimer: Using this contact form or any page of MartinWren, P.C.’s website does not establish an attorney-client relationship.  Please do not submit any confidential, privileged, or other protected information until and unless you have completed a private consultation with a MartinWren, P.C. attorney, the attorney has informed you that no conflict of interest exists, and the attorney notifies you that the firm can take your case. By completing this form you agree that we can follow up with you by phone, email, or by text messaging.

    *Please enter your initials to acknowledge that you have read and understood the Disclaimer above:

    *By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Martin Wren, P.C.. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.

    To schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer, please call us at (434) 817-3100.

    latest firm news