Technically, you have the right to file a claim on your own without the help of Charlottesville VA injury lawyers; however, this is generally not recommended unless you have legal experience. There are many advantages to having a lawyer to help you navigate your personal injury claim. Whether you have a straightforward case or are dealing with a much more complex one, we can give you personalized support and legal counsel. By retaining a lawyer, you may benefit in many ways, including:
- Injury Lawyers Are Motivated to Help You. In general, a personal injury lawyer works on a contingency fee basis which means they get paid when a settlement is reached. This means not only will a lawyer typically choose cases they are confident in winning, they also understand what it takes to get the highest settlement possible.
- You Can Avoid Dealing with Insurance Companies on Your Own. It is the job of insurance claims adjusters to try to pay out as little as possible, and this means some insurance agents can be ruthless. If you pursue a claim without the assistance of injury lawyers in Charlottesville VA, you risk being confused, taken advantage of, or coerced into settling for less than what you deserve. By having a lawyer on your side, you can feel confident in knowing the right language and legal jargon may be used to protect you and build a strong defense on your behalf.
- Law Firms Work with the Right People. Some claims require the expertise of a witness, medical professional, investigator, or another important party. A good lawyer should have a rolodex of various people they can call upon to assess your injuries, property damage, or available evidence. Using this, the defense’s strong points might be identified and used to build a solid foundation and arguable case.
- A Lawyer is Prepared to go to Trial. Typically, personal injury claims are settled before going to trial. This is because insurance companies could lose their argument when it is presented to a jury — and they know this. However, if your case goes to trial, Injury lawyers may be prepared to fight for your legal rights.
- You Don’t Have to Pay Anything Upfront. Nearly all personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means you are not required to pay anything upfront; rather, you are charged only after you have won your claim. If you don’t win, you don’t pay.
Get the Help You Deserve
Being the victim of another person’s mistakes can lead to personal distress: physically, emotionally, and financially. It is unfair for you to hurt, while the person that caused the damage can get away with it. You have nothing to lose by contacting MartinWren, P.C. for a free consultation We understand that you may have your reasons for being hesitant to reach out to a top lawyer. However, waiting too long to discover your legal options can cause you to miss out on obtaining compensation. Don’t wait another day to seek help. To schedule an appointment with Charlottesville VA injury lawyers who care, please call MartinWren, P.C.