Charlottesville Business Law Attorneys
The experienced Charlottesville business law attorneys at MartinWren, P.C. assist individuals and businesses throughout Charlottesville, Albemarle County, and the surrounding counties. Whether you are considering starting a new business, expanding an existing commercial enterprise, or need guidance in dealing with your current business challenges, MartinWren, P.C.’s business law attorneys can guide you through the process. Our corporate law attorneys are skilled advisors in the many areas of business and corporate law including:
- determining the proper business entity for your business,
- forming the entity and drafting articles of incorporation, bylaws, and operating agreements,
- drafting licensing and partnership agreements,
- advising on financial and tax implications,
- assisting with the legalities of personnel and employment law issues,
- dissension, deadlock, and dissolution,
- protecting intellectual property,
- regulatory compliance issues,
- drafting agreements for the distribution chain,
- mergers and acquisitions, and
- business succession issues
Every stage of a business’ lifecycle is impacted by a variety of legal issues. From the initial business formation through implementation of your exit strategy, the business lawyers at MartinWren, P.C. will explore your business objectives and help you carefully choose the best legal structure for your venture.
Solid contracts are the foundation for any business transaction, and a critical aspect of any business or corporate endeavor is ensuring that your legal documents are clear and thorough and will protect your business as you seek to grow it. Our business attorneys can help you draft the necessary contracts and agreements to help you form a new business entity or ensure that the proper structure is in place for your current business. These include:
- Buy-sell Agreements
- Strategic business plans
- E-commerce agreements, click-through, and shrink-wrap agreements
- Employment Contracts
- Partnership Agreements
- Restrictive covenants, including non-compete Agreements, non-disclosure, non-solicitation, and non-piracy agreements
- Commercial Warranties
- Stock Purchase Agreements
- Trademark and Copyright Registrations
The business law attorneys at MartinWren, P.C., provide comprehensive legal services to ensure all of your business needs are met. MartinWren’s corporate legal team includes professional and experienced attorneys who are able to bring other areas of expertise to the table as well. For example, Greg Johnson, a business and corporate law attorney with MartinWren, is also a certified public accountant and offers a widespread of knowledge and experience ranging from business formation to corporate dissolution, and everything in between, including tax considerations for growing businesses.
Such expertise is extremely helpful to business law issues as it deals with obvious and obscure issues that may arise during the lifespan of a business. These concerns include tax management, wealth transfer, and general liability of certain business options.
Additionally, MartinWren, P.C. offers a team of highly skilled business litigators. The Virginia business litigation team at MartinWren, P.C. offers the assurance that should your business needs include pursuing or defending a lawsuit, our business litigation team will aggressively work to protect and promote your best interests.
Questions You May Want to Ask a Business Lawyer
Because Charlottesville business law attorneys handle your company’s most sensitive legal matters, it is important to hire one with the right experience and skills. During your consultation, remember to ask the following questions:
- How much experience do you have in my industry? It may be in your best interest to hire business law attorneys in Charlottesville who have specialized knowledge in the industry you work in. If you, for example, own a restaurant, and the lawyers you hire only have knowledge of the construction industry, they might not have the type of experience you are looking for.
- What is the best way to reach you? When you own a business, a legal issue may pop at any time, so it is important to be able to contact your Charlottesville business law attorneys when needed. Ask them if it’s best to reach them by phone or email and how soon they will return your messages. If they take longer than 24 hours to respond to your message, you may want to look for lawyers who have more time for your case.
- Do you foresee any issues with my business? After they review your business model and other documents pertaining to your company, ask Charlottesville business law attorneys if they think you will be at risk of any legal issues in the future. If you find out beforehand, you can rectify these issues and prevent them from hurting your business.
- How do you bill? Before hiring business attorneys, you may want to ask them how they bill for their services. Some lawyers bill by the hour while other charge a flat fee. This can help you avoid surprises later. Also, ask them if they charge a retainer fee.
- Are you a member of any specialized bar associations? During your meeting, remember to ask business law attorneys Charlottesville residents trust if they are members of any specialized bar associations. If they do belong to bar associations, it’s a sign they have a passion for business law and keep up to date with the latest legal business matters.
- Will you be the only lawyer working on my case? It is likely that there may be several Charlottesville business law attorneys working on your case. If this is the case, make sure to find out the credential of each lawyer who will assist with your case.
- Have you ever owned a business before? It’s always a plus if the Charlottesville business law attorneys you hire have owned a business at some point. They may share their successes and failures with you and be better able to answer your business-related questions.
- What is your turnaround time? Whether you need lawyers to review a business plan or contract with a client, it’s important to find out about their turnaround time. If you need a document reviewed quickly, you don’t want to hire lawyers who are swamped and may take weeks to get to it.
Our firm is committed to delivering exceptional client service and creating the best environment for your business to flourish. Whether you are looking for Business Formation, Business Organization, or Business Litigation services, MartinWren, P.C. offers highly skilled business representation at competitive rates. For more information, please call either Gregory M. Johnson or Robert E. Byrne, Jr. at (434) 817-3100.
“I got a fantastic service. I have never been this happy to work with lawyers. I recommend this service 100%.”
“Made time for and listened closely to my concerns immediately within his schedule”
“Willing to accommodate my needs upon inquiry, even late on a Friday.”