Charlottesville VA Personal Injury Lawyer
At MartinWren, P.C., you will find a personal injury lawyer who can provide legal assistance to clients who have been harmed as a result of someone’s negligence or intentional wrongdoing. Injuries can change your life forever, resulting in costly medical bills and an inability to work and do the things you once enjoyed. In some cases, injuries can be fatal and can result in the death of a family member. This can leave those left behind dealing with a lifetime of grief. At MartinWren P.C. you will find a personal injury lawyer Virginia victims have trusted for years to help them recover from the injuries suffered by them and their loved ones.
About Personal Injury Claims
The personal injury attorneys at MartinWren, P.C. have a long track record of successfully representing clients who have suffered losses due to car accidents, truck crashes, defective products, nursing home abuse, slip and falls, and other accidents. Injuries can occur in a variety of different ways, and our lawyers are experienced and knowledgeable in dealing with any situation or circumstance that may have caused you harm. For instance, we can assist you if:
- You were hurt as a result of the negligence or carelessness of another person such as a dangerous driver who caused an accident.
- You suffered an injury because of a defective product that caused you harm when used as intended.
- You were involved in an accident because you slipped and fell due to dangerous conditions on someone’s property.
- You experienced an on-the-job injury and a third party was at fault such as certain third parties.
To take legal action for personal injury, you must show that someone breached a legal duty owed to you. For example, a manufacturer has a duty to make a safe product, and a driver has a duty to obey the rules of the road. Failure to comply with this duty can constitute negligence or wrongfulness. If you suspect that negligence or carelessness may have caused the accident that resulted in your injuries, you should schedule a free consultation with a lawyer at MartinWren, P.C.
How can a qualified Virginia personal injury lawyer help you?
The legal system makes it possible for victims to be made whole” after an accident. The term “made whole” means that an accident victim has a right to be compensated for their losses and trouble caused by an accident. Victims can seek compensation for anything needed to make them ‘whole again’, and to attempt to restore them to the position they were in before the accident – both emotionally and financially.
A qualified personal injury lawyer can help you to assess the full scope of your loss or injury. Of course you may already know the immediate costs of medical treatments or property repair and replacement, but your injury may also encompass losses and damage that you are not even aware of yet.
These may include future medical costs for ongoing treatments, check-ups, medication and possible surgeries. It also may include the cost of psychiatric counseling and treatment for possible trauma and shock that may only arise months or even years down the line. Depending on the severity of your injury, you may also lose the ability to perform certain tasks or do certain types of work. This may cause you to lose out on work or wages that you otherwise could have earned. If you are physically disabled, you will require ongoing medical assistance and possibly some kind of wheelchair, walking aid, prosthetic limb or other medical technology. In addition to this, you may need to modify, renovate or even change your living place or vehicle to accommodate your disability. This may increase your living costs and your transport costs.
All of these subsequent injuries and losses can greatly diminish your quality of life and drastically impact your financial position. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you identify all of these losses and injuries as well as possible future costs that your initial injury may end up leading to. At MartinWren P.C. we will use this assessment to give you advice and guidance and to help you to decide which legal course of action to take.
If you decide to seek compensation for your injuries and losses in a court of law, then a MartinWren P.C. personal injury lawyer can represent you firmly and fiercely as you fight for what you deserve. However, if you prefer to avoid litigation and rather seek an out of court settlement, then the lawyers at MartinWren P.C. will provide a strong, experienced, knowledgeable and qualified voice to represent you when negotiating with other parties. We will be sure to ensure that your rights and interests are fairly represented and protected in all negotiations and discussions and will make sure that you are not bullied into accepting a settlement that does not fairly compensate you for your loss.
Why MartinWren, P.C.?
At MartinWren P.C., we are not just another big law firm that treats its clients’ personal tragedies as cases and income streams. Instead, we are a small but successful firm whose lawyers recognize the personal elements of their clients’ situations and circumstances and prioritize the unique needs of each individual clients. We focus on getting to know our clients and forming long-standing relationships because we know that the better we know you, the better we can represent you.
MartinWren, P.C. serves clients throughout Virginia, Washington D.C. and Maryland, including clients in the central Virginia region, Shenandoah Valley, and cities within the Route 81 corridor. We also serve clients in:
- Albemarle County
- Rockingham County
- The Greater Richmond area
- Hampton Roads
Call us Today
Recovery and compensation may not be able to take away the injury you have suffered and it certainly can’t replace the loved ones you have lost. However, it can help you to live with your loss and provide you with the means to get the treatment you need to work on your physical and emotional recovery. If you seek legal assistance after a serious injury, call MartinWren, P.C. to schedule your free consultation with a personal injury lawyer you can trust.
Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been hurt in an accident caused by someone else, you have the right to file a personal injury claim to recoup your losses. However, it’s not advisable to do this on your own. It’s in your best interest to work with a qualified personal injury lawyer from MartinWren PC.
Here are some of the benefits of hiring a personal injury lawyer.
- Know the true value of your claim. If you don’t have a legal background, you might not know the true value of your claim. The last thing you want to do is undervalue your personal injury claim. That’s what an experienced personal injury lawyer is there for. He or she will consider multiple factors, such as your medical expenses, lost wages and future medical bills, when determining the actual value of your claim.
- Provide objectivity. Suffering an injury can cause frustration, anger and sadness. When you’re feeling all of these emotions, it can be more difficult to think rationally. As a result, you could make mistakes in your personal injury case, like accepting a settlement offer too soon. A personal injury lawyer can step in and offer an objective approach.
- Negotiate with the insurance company. Settling a personal injury claim often involves negotiating with insurance companies. These companies care about their bottom line first, so they may try to do anything to devalue your claim. This is another good reason to have a skilled personal injury lawyer on your side. A lawyer knows how to effectively negotiate with insurance companies and won’t let them take advantage of you.
- Let you focus on your recovery. When you’re trying to heal from an injury, you don’t need the added stress of requesting your medical records, communicating with insurance companies and other tasks associated with your claim. Let your personal injury lawyer take care of all that. You need to focus on getting better.
- Take your case to trial. Most of the time, personal injury claims get settled out of court. However, that doesn’t mean that your case doesn’t have a chance to go to trial. If the insurance company isn’t willing to offer a fair settlement, it’s important to have a personal injury lawyer who can take your case to trial. He or she should have experience with litigation and feel comfortable presenting your case in front of a judge and jury.
CONTACT our HARRISONBURG or CHARLOTTESVILLE VA office for a personal injury LAWYER TODAY.
“I got a fantastic service. I have never been this happy to work with lawyers. I recommend this service 100%.”
“Made time for and listened closely to my concerns immediately within his schedule”
“Willing to accommodate my needs upon inquiry, even late on a Friday.”