When you or a loved one has been injured, you might wonder whether or not you should retain Charlottesville VA injury lawyers to maximize your chances at getting fair compensation. Personal injuries are vast and can stem from a broad range of incidents including medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, slip and falls, car accidents, product defects, and so forth.
MartinWren, P.C. is a law firm of Charlottesville injury lawyers who are well-versed in the encompassing laws, legislation, and procedural rules. Guided by a passionate ambition to get justice for each client, we are considered to be a well-respected firm in the community.
Charlottesville VA injury lawyers may suggest that negligence is the absence of using reasonable care, ensuing in damage or injury to another. To have a compelling personal injury claim, the victim must have been injured from the wrongdoing or negligence of another individual.
Common Personal Injury Cases
Attorneys may explain that people are eligible for fair compensation when someone else’s negligence or intentional act caused them harm. There are several cases of personal injury but the most common types of personal injury cases include:
- Car Accident Cases: No matter how careful you are on the road, there are careless drivers who cause harm to others. If you were in an accident and another driver was not following the rules of the road, was distracted, or was acting in a negligent manner, then they may be held liable for your injuries. Attorneys from MartinWren, P.C. can assist you in navigating the car accident claim process, helping you to focus on getting healthy once again.
- Slip and Fall Cases: It is legally required for property owners to keep their sites reasonably safe and hazardous free. Property liability laws are set in place to prevent people from becoming injured. The responsibilities of a landowner can vary from state to state. Experienced injury lawyers Charlottesville VA residents trust may help you receive compensation with their up-to-date knowledge of the law.
- Medical Malpractice: If a patient is harmed by a doctor or other healthcare professional who failed to perform their medical duties effectively, the patient may be able to file a medical malpractice claim. These cases can be very complex, but the qualified Charlottesville VA injury lawyers will work diligently to help you recover proper compensation.
- Dog Bite Cases: Individuals who were bitten by another person’s dog may seek the help of injury lawyers in Charlottesville that can help with a personal injury claim. Dog owners may be financially responsible for bites and other injuries caused by their dog.
- Assault, Battery, and Intentional Torts: These cases are different from others because they involve intentionally causing harm to another, instead of causing harm through negligence or carelessness. Typically, these charges apply in criminal cases and the victim may be able to demand compensation for their injuries.
- Wrongful Death: A wrongful death is an agonizing experience that is typically financially disastrous for the family of the departed. The family may have considerable medical expenses, final expenses for the deceased, and lose benefits and years of income.
No matter what type of injury you suffered, consulting with lawyers from MartinWren, P.C. may be in your best interest to provide profitable help in your case.
Why Should I Retain a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Technically you have the right to file a claim on your own without the help of Charlottesville VA injury lawyers; however, this is generally not recommended unless you have legal experience. By retaining a lawyer, you may benefit in many ways, including:
- Injury Lawyers Are Motivated to Help You
In general, a personal injury lawyer works on a contingency fee basis which means they get paid when a settlement is reached. This means not only will a lawyer typically choose cases they are confident in winning, they also understand what it takes to get the highest settlement possible.
- You Can Avoid Dealing with Insurance Companies on Your Own
It is the job of insurance claims adjustors to try to pay out as little as possible, and this means some insurance agents can be ruthless. If you pursue a claim without the assistance of injury lawyers in Charlottesville VA, you risk being confused, taken advantage of, or coerced into settling for less than what you deserve. By having a lawyer on your side, you can feel confident in knowing the right language and legal jargon may be used to protect you and build a strong defense on your behalf.
- Law Firms Work with the Right People
Some claims require the expertise of a witness, medical professional, investigator, or other important party. A good lawyer should have a rolodex of various people they can call upon to assess your injuries, property damage, or available evidence. Using this, the defense’s strong points might be identified and used to build a solid foundation and arguable case.
- A Lawyer is Prepared to go to Trial
Typically, personal injury claims are settled before going to trial. This is because insurance companies could lose their argument when it is presented to a jury — and they know this. However, if your case goes to trial, Injury lawyers may be prepared to fight for your legal rights.
- You Don’t Have to Pay Anything Upfront
Nearly all personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means you are not required to pay anything up front; rather, you are charged only after you have won your claim. If you don’t win, you don’t pay.
Get the Help You Deserve
Being the victim of another person’s mistakes can lead to personal distress: physically, emotionally, and financially. It is unfair for you to hurt, while the person that caused the damage can get away with it. You have nothing to lose by contacting MartinWren, P.C. for a free consultation. To schedule an appointment with Charlottesville VA injury lawyers who care, please call MartinWren, P.C. at (434) 817-3100.