When most people think of sustaining an injury, it is usually from some kind of “normal” accident. It might be a fender bender on the highway, a slip and fall inside a grocery store, or even a car clipping you while you are biking. Whatever the case, the person who sustained the injury will likely go to the doctor because they know that is where they can heal. However, not all doctors or nurses will make a person better than they were when they entered the hospital. In fact, there are many cases of medical malpractice where a person is significantly more sick or damaged than they were before they got to the hospital because the medical professional taking care of them was negligent. When this is the case, it is important that the patient seeks help from a hospital negligence lawyer in Charlottesville Virginia who can ensure they get the compensation they deserve for their injuries. For more information, reach out to MartinWren, P.C. now.
How do you know you need a Charlottesville VA hospital negligence lawyer?
It will not always be clear when you need a hospital negligence lawyer. If you believe you have a case, you should speak with a hospital negligence lawyer as soon as possible to see how they can help you with your suit. A few instances where you likely would not need a hospital negligence lawyer.
- You slip on a puddle in the hospital’s lobby that has clear warning signs posted around it that there is a wet surface.
- You cut yourself on a medical tool that you were playing with that was safely inside a cabinet marked “do not open.”
- You injure yourself in some way in a hospital ward that had clear signs stating “Do not enter. Medical staff only beyond this point.”
Clearly, there are instances where a hospital will go out of its way to ensure they take care of visitors and their visitors do not sustain injuries.
Signs You Should Speak with a Hospital Negligence Lawyer in Charlottesville VA
Any patient who goes into a hospital deserves to receive the standard medical care they would get from any other hospital. This means the medical facility is clean, it is well-run, and the staff went through proper training for many different sicknesses, injuries, procedures, and situations. Unfortunately, this is not the case in every hospital, and medical professional errors can leave patients in a worse and life-threatening state. Examples are:
- A staff member not following the physician’s orders.
- A medical professional performing the wrong type of medical procedure on a patient.
- A medical professional administering the wrong medication.
- A surgeon leaving some type of tool inside the body of one of their patients.
- The hospital staff not posting warning signs if there are dangerous areas inside the hospital.
When something like one of the above examples happens, it is the result of negligence on the part of the hospital or specifically on behalf of one of the staff members. When this is the case, you should know your rights when it comes to filing a lawsuit whether it is for medical malpractice or hospital negligence.
If you were injured in some way by a hospital and need the assistance of a medical professional, don’t hesitate to contact a hospital negligence lawyer Charlottesville VA clients recommend at MartinWren, P.C.